Tuesday, December 20, 2011

ROAK Day 5: Pay a Bill for a Family in Need

December 5, 2011
We called our church and asked if there was anyone in our church who needed a bill paid, etc.  I spoke to Pastor Mike and he told me a story of a family in our church who needed their electric bill paid.  Their electricity had been cut off the night before and they have a 5 year old boy.  The dad had been out of work for some time now, and they could not pay it.  How easy it is to take for granted that our family can pay our monthly bills and on time.  I told Mike we would love to help and asked how much the total bill was.  $167.00.  Under $200 and a family would have electricity in a time of celebration and joy.  Of course we'd help.  We dropped a check off that evening at our church for that family.  I pray that this father can find a job to provide for his family.  I am so thankful my husband has many skills and could get a job if needed.  Thank you Lord for providing all we need and more this Advent Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment