Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Wishes - 25 Random Acts of Kindness

Our family has decided to bless others we do not know by doing random acts of kindness (RAOK) each day leading up to Christmas.  We sat down as a family and began our list after our pastor's sermon on Sunday.  Jon spoke in detail about something that had never occurred to me.  Actively waiting for His next arrival.  We too often let ourselves get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holdiay season and become passive waiters, which is easy to do with our full calendars this time of year.  We never take the time to actively wait.  This advent season I am dedicated to actively wait!

ROAK Day 1: Starbucks
December 1, 2011
I had to do day 1 by myself since it was a workday, but how rewarding it was!  Paying $2.11 for a cup of coffee seems like nothing, but you never know how that may have changed that person's day.  Maybe when they left the house they had an argument with a spouse or child, maybe the holiday season is a reminder of memories wished unawakened or maybe just one of those random Thursdays where nothing is going right.  As I read my daily scripture today, I pray for this woman who was behind me in the Starbucks line.  May You guide her through this holiday season with Your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment